Save the date: Handmade is Human!
On December 2, join the Alliance for Artisan Enterprise in Washington, DC for our annual meeting! This year, our conference will dive into the meaning of handmade, exploring why Handmade is Human. We hope to see you in Washington, DC! Look for an official invitation and additional details early this November. We are thrilled to gather our members and partners for this vibrant event, and continue to grow the Alliance community!
TEDWomen Global Showcase: People, Place, Product
October 26-28, 2016, 12 artisan entrepreneurs joined the Alliance for Artisan Enterprise team in San Francisco for the 2016 TEDWomen Conference! Alliance director and three amazing representatives took the TEDWomen stage, and shared their stories, products, and impacts with over 1,000 TEDWomen attendees in a Global Showcase. The conference was an extraordinary success, shining a bright light on the power of artisan enterprise, exploring the sector's potential, and expanding the Alliance for Artisan Enterprise network. Join us in congratulating this year's TEDWomen participants - meet the makers here! The Alliance especially thanks our Artisan Partners Circle for making the TEDWomen Global Showcase possible.
Recap: Building Artisan-Retail Partnerships for Success
This month, Mercado Global shared more than ten years of experience building successful partnerships with retailers around the world with the Alliance community. Miss the session? Tune in on the Alliance member portal to view, and stay in touch to learn more about upcoming sessions!
Watch all previous Digital Learning Series sessions on the Alliancemember portal (password: alliance2012)!
- TreadRight grantee Marta Cucchia of Laboratorio Giuditta Brozzetti threads past with present in The Star
- GlobeIn explores how it takes a village to change the world, on the organization's blog
- Learn more about Sasibai Kimis, founder of Earth Heir, in a new feature in HandEye Magazine
- Explore some of the ins and outs of the artisan sector in Proud Mary's new interview platform Business of Craft
- Indego Africa introduces the process and history of its new mudcloth poufs, on the organization's blog
- What is the human factor of managing migration? asks Simone Cipriani in Huffington Post
- Learn more about Helping Hand Partners with Make it Better
- Find TO THE MARKET founder Jane Mosbacher Morris featured in Connect Corporate
- Learn more about traditional Greek artisanship by TRIA ETC in AOW Handmade's Artisan Spotlight
- This year, the Alliance's partner Kiva celebrates 10 years of financing entrepreneurs around the world through crowd-lending; read more in GOOD
Did we miss something? Email email@example.com with updates from your organization to be featured in next month's letter.
The Alliance community now contains over 125 unique members and partners. Take advantage of their extraordinary skills, knowledge, and experience and get in touch today!
Find our member directories, artisan loan application, logo, and other important resources in the Alliance member portal using the password alliance2012.