Thank you for an amazing year!
2015 was a fantastic year for the Alliance for Artisan Enterprise. Thank you for your continued support of our members and the global artisan sector!
This year, our community grew to 74 member organizations, we reached over 2.5 million people in the #ChooseArtisan social media Thunderclap, and Secretary of State John Kerry recognized the economic value of the sector during the launch of the Global Campaign for Artisan Enterprise in September.
Other accomplishments include:
- Launching the #ChooseArtisan public awareness campaign, including the social media Thunderclap and Alliance for Artisan Enterprise social wall - share a post today!
- Welcoming over 300 artisans, executives, thought leaders, and policymakers to the U.S. Department of State for Artisan Enterprise: The New Startup Economy
- Designing a new Artisan Enterprise Innovation Fund, engaging national level government partners, and raising initial project support - more details coming soon!
- Partnering with Kiva and the TreadRight Foundation to provide financing opportunities to artisan businesses
- Piloting the Artisan Value Chain Toolkit in Rwanda, the Philippines, Santa Fe, and at the Aspen Institute.
- Advocating successfully for re-authorization of the African Growth and Opportunity Act
- Producing artisan sector report with UNESCO researcher Simon Ellis
- Holding successful meetings and forums for collaboration and sharing of best practices
Stay involved through the remainder of the holiday season and 2016! As holiday shopping comes to a close, remember to #ChooseArtisan; shop from our members here.
Consider making a small contribution to the Alliance and our ongoing initiatives here. Each donation directly supports the power and potential of the global artisan sector and the mission of the Alliance for Artisan Enterprise. Do not hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about upcoming projects!
Thanks again, and happy new year!
Peace and blessings,
The Alliance for Artisan Enterprise