Happy New Year, Alliance members!
The Alliance for Artisan Enterprise has many exciting initiatives planned for 2016! Thank you for your dedication to artisan enterprise around the world and your participation in the Alliance network. We understand that many burdens face our members every day. To allow artisan enterprises of all sizes, types, and budgets to join our community, the Alliance has updated our member fee structure. Please review our (new!) membership brochure here for details about benefits, responsibilities, and revised fees.
We sincerely appreciate your continued support of the Alliance and value your membership. To recognize these changes, all current members will receive 3 years of Alliance membership cost-free (beginning the date of your last renewal).
We hope these updates will allow the Alliance community to grow and flourish! Please share our brochure with any artisan organizations interested in membership; the Alliance reviews new member applications on our website on a quarterly basis.
AAE @ NYNOW:
January 31 - February 2, the #ChooseArtisan social wall will be LIVE at NYNOW! Find the Alliance in booth 3877 - across from the Social Media Lounge! All weekend, be sure to include #ChooseArtisan in your Tweets, Instagram photos, and Facebook posts to be featured instantly at the show and promote artisan enterprise. Follow the Alliance for Artisan Enterprise on social media for updates and learn more about NYNOW and Artisan Resource on their website!
Will your organization be at NYNOW? Let us know! The Alliance would love to see and promote your work throughout the weekend.
- The Alliance was featured in the U.S. Department of State's Office of Global Women's Issues 2015 review!
- Mercedes Salazar earrings, as seen on Katy Perry, were featured inHarper's Bazaar and now sold at Intermix
- GoodWeave has announced a partnership with Target to sell child-labor-free certified rugs in its retail stores - read more on Huffington Post
- See beautiful photos of Heshima Kenya's Maisha Collective, as shot byLyra Aoko
- Learn more about Alliance Member Taller Maya and its Yucatan workshop in InMexico
- Read about the Center of Traditional Textiles of Cusco in National Geographic
- Lindblad Expeditions celebrates its 50th anniversary trip to Antarctica - see more in the Washington Post
- Bloom + Grace recognized by People Style Watch: The Outf!t "10 Amazing Gifts that Give Back"
- Watch MitiMeth founder Achenyo Idachaba's TEDtalk: "How I Turned a Deadly Plant Into a Thriving Business"
Did we miss something? Email email@example.com with updates from your organization to be featured in next month's letter!
Looking to connect?
Which connections do you hope to make in 2016? Start by using your Alliance network. Find contact information, social media profiles, and past event materials on the Alliance for Artisan Enterprise member portal (password: Alliance2012)! Reach out for details on upcoming events, markets, and campaigns. We will stay in touch with updates throughout the year; get started by following the Alliance on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!