How can the Alliance better serve our community?
Did you miss last month's newsletter? The Alliance has recently updated our member fee structure to allow artisan enterprises of all sizes, types, and budgets to join our network. Please review our new membership brochure here for details about benefits and responsibilities. Remember, all current members will receive 3 years of Alliance membership cost-free (beginning the date of your last renewal).
We sincerely value your feedback throughout this period of change. To better understand member needs, the Alliance will launch a short Member Surveytomorrow, March 1, 2016. The anonymous, multiple choice survey will only take 5-7 minutes to complete; if you complete the survey, your organization will be entered to win a trip to our next artisan enterprise forum!
#ChooseArtisan continues at NYNOW!
January 31-February 2, the Alliance introduced the #ChooseArtisan campaign to exhibitors and guests at the Javits Convention Center in New York City!
Over 50 artisan businesses and supporters shared the #ChooseArtisan message on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter - read more about the event on our blog. Thank you for your support, and continue using #ChooseArtisan message on social media to spread awareness about the value of the global artisan sector.
What's next for #ChooseArtisan? Stay in touch for updates, and find the Alliance at SXGood in Austin, Texas on March 15 with Bloom + Grace!
AOW Handmade Reports - member discount!
Alliance member Annie Waterman recently launched AOW Handmade, an industry report initiative that provides detailed updates on trends, shows, and suppliers in the artisan sector. Her first extensive report covers Colombia's Expoartesanias. The Alliance is thrilled to offer a 20% discount on these reports for all members! Learn more about AOW Handmade, and find a list of upcoming events here. Please contact email@example.com you are interested in purchasing a discounted report - be sure to mention your Alliance membership! Reports on the NYNOW Artisan Resource winter show and Frankfurt, Germany's Ambiente are coming soon.
- The Alliance introduced 7 new members this February! Learn more aboutAOW Handmade, Aqaya, Fibre Tibet, Hathay Bunano Proshikon Society,KUSIKUY, Martizana, and Purple Impression
- GoodWeave, in collaboration with USAID, Target and the Skoll Foundation, announced "Supply Unchained," a digital tool offering real-time supply chain maps and data - read more on Medium
- The International Folk Art Alliance introduces its largest market yet this July in Santa Fe, featuring artisans from more than 60 countries! Learn more about the market's impact in the IFAA 2015 Impact Report
- In collaboration with Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies in Bangalore, MITHILAsmita launched "Love for Madhubani," a campaign to spread awareness about heritage Madhubani art and its women artists
- Mela Artisans introduces its 2015 Impact Report, sharing updates and insights of 5 years in the artisan sector
- Find Nest on page 36 of the March issue of Glamour magazine!
- GlobeIn is featured in "10 Awesome Subscription Boxes For Your Home," on the Murney Blog
- DARA Artisans is profiled in Urban Agenda Magazine; read more about "Crafting a Future for Artisans"
Did we miss something? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with updates from your organization to be featured in next month's letter.
Is Kiva right for you?
In partnership with Kiva.org, the Alliance offers its members loans between $1,500 and $8,000 on the website's crowd-lending platform. Are you interested in applying for artisan business financing? Learn more about the Alliance loan program here, and complete an application today!