Next week: AAE + Kiva at the International Folk Art Market
The Alliance for Artisan Enterprise is offering our first-ever Kiva loan workshop at the International Folk Art Market in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Will you be participating in the Folk Art Market this year? Let us know and we will connect!
The Alliance will hold a training session for artists at the Market covering credit basics and introducing the Alliance-Kiva Artisan Loan program. Not attending the Folk Art Market this year? You can still get involved! Learn more about the Artisan Loan Program on our website, and do not hesitate to reach out if you are interested in learning more about the program or receiving a training. Find more information and a full application in our member portal (password: alliance2012).
The #StateOfWomen, GES2016, and more!
The Alliance has traveled from our headquarters in Washington, DC to New York City and Stanford University to spread awareness about the value of the artisan sector and our efforts to drive resources to artisan entrepreneurs around the world. See photos and learn more about our participation in the FIT Summer Institute, the first-ever United State of Women Summit, and the 2016 Global Entrepreneurship summit on the Alliance Facebook and blog!
- The annual Peru Gift Show features over 150 top artisan companies from Peru and beyond; learn about the top trends at the market FREE in AOW Handmade's newest Trend Report, using the code PERU
- #ChooseArtisan with the Alliance for Artisan Enterprise, now on The Global Artisan
- Can natural fibers contribute to a healthy lifestyle? Read more from Threads of Peru
- Find The Citizenry and Indego Africa featured in The Good Trade's Fair Trade Products We Love
- What are 4 top dilemmas facing artisan brands? Think about common challenges with Kakaw Designs and Eco Warrior Princess
- Learn more about Mercado Global's focus on both education and empowerment from FGS&Co
- Discover projected 2016 textile trends with NYNOW
- The ROOTS Project will receive the "Community Impact Award" at the International Folk Art Market on Saturday, July 9! Read more in the ROOTS Project Update
- Each region of Guatemala has its own style of traditional dress; begin learning with Maya Tradition Foundations
- Go behind the scenes with Thread Caravan as the organization grows its team
- Explore exquisite Kat & Ibin products with Hablemos de Mexico (Spanish)
- GoodWeave Founder Nina Smith discusses ending child labor in global supply chains with Skoll
- Find The Little Market and founder Lauren Conrad featured in Who What Wear!
- Indego Africa has partnered with Ghana-based sustainable accessories brand AAKS - read more and explore beautiful handwoven raffia bags on their blog
- Find new handcrafted felt toys from TO THE MARKET featured on Cool Mom Picks
Did we miss something? Email email@example.com with updates from your organization to be featured in next month's letter.
Read about the state of the artisan sector, consumer trends, development issues, and more:
- "Eat, Stay, Buy Locally: Treading Lightly on the Road" in the New York Times
- Cost transparency is retail's new trend, argues Business Insider
- "Know Your Materials: What Each One Means for Sustainable Fashion" from Man Repeller
Get connected with 100+ Alliance members:
The Alliance community now contains over 100 unique members and partners. Take advantage of their extraordinary skills, knowledge, and experience and get in touch today!
Find our member directories, artisan loan application, logo, and other important resources in the Alliance member portal using the password alliance2012.
Header photo by Thread Caravan