The Alliance Digital Learning Series continues!
On July 14, 2016, the Alliance gathered 25 members online for our first-ever Digital Learning Series, "Handmade Trends in the Global Market"! ByHand Consulting hosted the session, covering the top trends affecting the unprecedented desire for artisan goods, and how entrepreneurs can capitalize from it. Miss the session? Learn and listen on the Alliance member portal today!
What's next for the Digital Learning Series? Learn the ins and outs of hosting your first pop-up shop with TO THE MARKET! Find more details and sign up now. Mark your calendars - the one-hour webinar will take place on August 16 at 11:00 am EST.
New borrower spotlight: Olivia Knox
Olivia Knox is a new member of the Alliance for Artisan Enterprise focused on repurposing Ankole cow horn (a by-product of the beef industry), into beautiful handmade goods. Olivia Knox brings these pieces from Uganda to the international market. To successfully fulfill its orders, however, the organization needs capital to buy raw materials. Find Olivia Knox's loan LIVE on the Kiva website, and support today!
13th annual International Folk Art Market:
Early this month, the Alliance team visited our members and partners at the annual International Folk Art Market in Santa Fe, New Mexico! At the market, the Alliance offered our first-ever Kiva loan workshop, worked with market artists to identify business goals and needs, and explored the beautiful pieces handcrafted around the world. Read our full update on the Alliance blog!
Is your business interested in participating in the 2017 market? Complete youronline application by September 1, 2016!
- Read a write-up of this year's International Folk Art Market from PBS!
- Find Mercado Global featured on the July 2016 "H List," by Holt Renfrew
- Shop Indego Africa, now on Shopbop and featured in the "Worldly Treasures" top picks!
- Kakaw Designs shares "4 Dilemmas of an Artisan-Made Brand" with Eco Warrior Princess
- Get inspired by Lauren Conrad's top picks from The Little Market on Who What Wear
- Thread Caravan's founder Caitlin Ahern shares lessons from scaling her business with Own It
- Find GlobeIn artisan subscription boxes featured on Simply Stacie
- Take an inside look at the International Folk Art Market with ClothRoads
- Find travel essentials from The Little Market featured on Salt & Wind
- Hear the story behind Estrella de Mar on the SHE blog!
- Host a Fair Trade Serrv sale in your community; learn more on the Serrvsite
- Polly & other stories joins Citizens Archive of Pakistan to showcase the new "History Collection"
- What is "cultural preservation" for Maya Traditions Foundation? Learn more from Guatemalan weavers in Part 1 and Part 2 of their new blog series!
Did we miss something? Email email@example.com with updates from your organization to be featured in next month's letter.
Read about the state of the artisan sector, consumer trends, development issues, and more:
- Consumers want to buy products that last, says The Atlantic's "The Power of Buying Less by Buying Better"
- "Crafts Aren't Just Our Heritage, They Are India's Global Comparative Advantage," from The Huffington Post
- Fashion Gone Rogue tackles "The Future of Eco-Friendly Fashion"
- People Tree releases its new book "Slow Fashion: Aesthetics Meets Ethics"
Get connected with 100+ Alliance members:
The Alliance community now contains over 100 unique members and partners. Take advantage of their extraordinary skills, knowledge, and experience and get in touch today!
Find our member directories, artisan loan application, logo, and other important resources in the Alliance member portal using the password alliance2012.