Join us in welcoming 13 new Alliance members!
This August, 13 artisan businesses, support organizations, and others joined the Alliance for Artisan Enterprise community! Congratulations and welcome:
- Chase Marketing Group | chasemiami.com | USA
- Earth Heir | earthheir.com | Malaysia
- Handwork Studio | handwork-studio.com | Canada
- HEVA Fund | hevafund.com | Kenya
- Kámen Road | kamenroad.com | USA
- Living Threads Co. | livingthreadsco.com | Guatemala, India, Nepal, Nicaragua, USA
- MARIYA | shopmariya.com | Colombia, USA
- Mata Traders | matatraders.com | India, Nepal, USA
- My Business en Español | | USA
- NANAY SRL | nanay.com.bo | Bolivia
- Song Saa | songsaafoundation.org | Cambodia
- Ti-a | ti-a.com | Ghana, USA
- Vilaasita | vilaasita.com | India
Find a full list of current Alliance members (116 organizations!) on our website, and connect today using the contact and social media directories in the Alliancemember portal (password: alliance2012)! Thank you for your ongoing commitment to elevating the importance of the artisan sector around the world.
RSVP today to hear from masters of Tibetan bronzework!
On September 10, join the Alliance for Artisan Enterprise and Smithsonian's Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage at the Freer/Sackler Galleries in Washington, DC and hear from two master Tibetan artisans, Nima and Dawa Dakpa. The father and son team are working to preserve the traditional bronzework techniques—known as khyenle—used to create sacred objects in Dzongsar, in the Tibetan region of Kham, Sichuan Province, and share them with a new generation. Learn more about the event and RSVP now!
Digital Learning Series: Hosting Your First Pop-Up Shop
On August 16, 2016, TO THE MARKET's Jane Mosbacher Morris shared her expertise hosting pop-up shops around the world with Alliance members in our latest Digital Learning Series. The one-hour webinar covered the timing, logistics, follow-up, and other advice when planning a pop-up shop. Tip one: over-communicate! Did you miss this session? View the recording on the Alliance member portal!
- Explore this year's International Folk Art Market l Santa Fe in Fortune Magazine, featuring Alliance member Gahaya Links!
- Find ibu movement textiles featured in the Wall Street Journal
- Discover the extraordinary strides in local community impact made by Indego Africa in their 2016 Annual & Social Impact Report
- Find Kakaw Designs featured in Once Upon a Tea Time Magazine and podcast!
- Shop the new Human Connections online store - now active!
- See Studio 189 in Fashionista's list of social enterprises started by women of color
- Read an exclusive interview with Ethical Fashion Initiative's Simone Cipriani in Eluxe Magazine
- Read TO THE MARKET's Huffington Post piece on empowering youth through the dignity of work, in celebration of International Youth Day
- Find handwoven Mexican serape blankets from The Little Market featured in My Domaine
- Add color to your home office, featuring Global Goods Partners's handcrafted throw blanket from Bolivia, in Sunny Sweet Days
Did we miss something? Email email@example.com with updates from your organization to be featured in next month's letter.
Read about the state of the artisan sector, consumer trends, development issues, and more:
- The first-ever SOURCE East Africa trade show will take place September 23-25, 2016. Learn more about all exhibitors online and apply to participate today!
- Can sustainable fashion ever be "fashionable"? asks Man Repeller - we think so! Share your thoughts with firstname.lastname@example.org
- The real benefits of design thinking reach both inside and outside your company; read more in Inc.
The Alliance community now contains 116 unique members and partners. Take advantage of their extraordinary skills, knowledge, and experience and get in touch today!
Find our member directories, artisan loan application, logo, and other important resources in the Alliance member portal using the password alliance2012.