Applications for the 2018 International Folk Art Market | Santa Fe due October 1!
The International Folk Art Market | Santa Fe is the world's largest annual folk art festival, celebrating 160+ artists and makers from across the globe. The 15th annual market will take place July 13-15, 2018 in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Are you interested in participating in this year's market? Complete the full application (due October 1!) on the International Folk Art Alliance website. Find frequently asked questions and additional guidance for first-time applicants in the Application Guide. Email Gina Rogari with any questions throughout the application process!
Welcome to the Alliance for Artisan Enterprise!
This month, 8 new members have joined the Alliance for Artisan Enterprise community. Learn more about our newest members below, and connect using the Alliance for Artisan Enterprise Member Directories, located in our Member Portal (password: alliance2012):
- Ansari Cachemire & Pashmina | Ansari Cachemire celebrates Artisans, Weavers and Embroiderers of the Kashmir Valley - specialists of the ultra-fine fiber of Pashmina.
- Buy Good Feel Good Expo | “Buy Good. Feel Good” connects people with social enterprises, building an economy that is healthy, equitable, and fair for all.
- Terra Klay | Handmade by skilled artisans of local villages, Terra Klay offers a timeless treasure to be enjoyed with every sip for the perfect afternoon with friends and family.
- Wrapt | We use the science of gifting to find the best gifts for her, while doing a little good in the world.
- Gracia, Inc. | Helping disadvantaged Guatemalan girls and women achieve economic independence and create lives of confidence and success.
- Arcadia Home | A remarkable source for artisan-crafted, eco-friendly, thoughtfully produced home and holiday décor.
- Raven + Lily | An ethical fashion and lifestyle brand dedicated to empowering women through design.
- Tribe West | A California brand with a mission to make fashion-forward, socially conscious products for the entire family.
- The "Buy Good Feel Good" Expo is offering a special discount to all international exhibitors for the upcoming May 2018 show. Find more information here, and contact Rafik Riad with any questions!
- Find Heshima Kenya, Mela Artisans, and Sasa Designs featured in the summer edition of the Aspen Institute's IDEAS Magazine - read their stories on the Aspen IDEAS blog
- Join the Center for Traditional Textiles of Cusco, Andean Textile Arts, and weaving organizations from around the world at the 2017 TINKUY conference; register online today
- Spotted! Angelina Jolie wearing Heshima Kenya, and visiting the organization's Nairobi headquarters. See more and shop the "Angie" scarf online
- What does "fair trade" actually mean? Learn more on the GlobeIn blog
- The African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA) engages women entrepreneurs to foster inclusive economic growth and strengthen US-Africa ties - learn how from the U.S. Department of State's Office of Global Women's Issues
- Kiva, the world's first crowd-lending website, hit $1B in crowdfunded loans this month; explore their journey and next steps on Devex
- Find Alliance member Raven + Lily featured in Billboard Magazine as "The Ethical Fashion Brand Celebs Stand Behind"
- Register today for Help Hand Partners' 3rd annual fundraiser in Chicago, IL; sign up here
- Learn more about TO THE MARKET founder & CEO Jane Mosbacher Morris in an interview with uBack for Good
- Help Ock Pop Tok send a weaver to Peru for November's TINKUY Gathering of Weavers; support their Indiegogo campaign today!
Did we miss something? Email email@example.com with updates from your organization to be featured in next month's letter.
The heart of the Alliance community is our network of artisan businesses, social enterprises, non-profits, and more - over 140 active members! Visit our updated member directories and get in touch with Alliance members working across the globe. Find a full list of members here.
Check out the full Member Portal (password: alliance2012) to access member directories, host an Artisan Innovation Workshop session, apply for the Artisan Loan Program, explore upcoming events, read past newsletters and more!
Header photo from U.S. Department of State's Office of Global Women's Issues