Find members of the Alliance for Artisan Enterprise at NYNOW this August:
Will your business participate in the 2017 Summer NYNOW trade show? Let us know! Find members of the Alliance for Artisan Enterprise featured in the Handmade Global Design, Artisan Resourse, and Personal Accessories sections August 19-23, 2017 - be sure to stop by and say hello!
This summer's participants include:
- Global Girlfriend, booth 212
- Global Goods Partners, booth 204
- Indego Africa, booth 121
- Living Threads Co., booth 628
- Mata Traders, booth 304
- Mercado Global, booth 8215
- Sidai Designs, booth 3663
- Soko, booth 207
- Textiil, booth 644
Artisan Business Coaching: Record Keeping
This July, the Alliance for Artisan Enterprise team hosted the first-ever pilot session of Basic Record Keeping, a business training tailored for artisan entrepreneurs, at the International Folk Art Market | Santa Fe. The training is part of the Alliance for Artisan Enterprise's Artisan Business Coaching program, a series of workshops to support and grow artisan businesses in the global marketplace.
Learn more about the pilot session on the Alliance for Artisan Enterprise blog! Are you interested in becoming a trainer or learning more about Basic Record Keeping? Please contact Gina Rogari at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional trainings will be announced soon!
- Tickets are now available for the Summer 2017 NYNOW trade show, August 19-23 in New York City!
- Find Heshima Kenya, Mela Artisans, and Sasa Designs featured in the summer edition of the Aspen Institute's IDEAS Magazine - read their stories on the Aspen IDEAS blog
- This fall, Thrums Books will publish three new books by Alliance members and partners: Embroidering Within Boundaries by Rangina Hamidi and Mary Littrell, Secrets of Spinning, Weaving, and Knitting in the Peruvian Highlands by Nilda Callanaupa Alvarez, and Silk Weavers of Hill Tribe Laos by Joshua Hirschstein and Maren Beck. Congratulations!
- Join the Center for Traditional Textiles of Cusco, Andean Textile Arts, and weaving organizations from around the world at the 2017 TINKUY conference; register online today
- Annie Waterman talks business, design, and development with Proud Mary's Harper Poe on the AOW Handmade blog
- Textiil will debut their TablePop! Japanese block batik napkin collection and other products at booth #644 in the River Pavilion at the NYNOW summer gift show
- Just released! Indego Africa's new collection of hand-embroidered children's clothing; learn more about the Izi Collection on their blog
- Learn more about the launch of Meridian NY, a new online artisan marketplace, in the Observer
- The annual Caravana Americana trade show takes place October 6-8 in Mexico City; meet the designers and register to attend the show online
- Find behind the scenes images from AOW Handmade's recent visit to Swaziland, Cape Town, Johannesburg and Namibia and discover South Africa's most impressive artisan talent
- ARTHA Collections has been awarded the Butterfly Mark from Positive Luxury - congratulations! Find an interview with the ARTHA founders on Positive Luxury
Did we miss something? Email email@example.com with updates from your organization to be featured in next month's letter.
The heart of the Alliance community is our network of artisan businesses, social enterprises, non-profits, and more - over 140 active members! Visit our updated member directories and get in touch with Alliance members working across the globe. Find a full list of members here.
Check out the full Member Portal (password: alliance2012) to access member directories, host an Artisan Innovation Workshop session, apply for the Artisan Loan Program, explore upcoming events, read past newsletters and more!
Header photo by Jordan River Foundation