See you in Santa Fe for the International Folk Art Market!
Will your business participate in the 2017 International Folk Art Market? Let us know! Hosted by the International Folk Art Alliance, the International Folk Art Market is one of the largest and most impactful trade shows in the world. Over 160 artisan businesses and 20,000 attendees gather on Museum Hill for the three-day event.
At the Market, the Alliance is excited to join key partners to lead two business training workshops exclusively for Folk Art Market artists. Please contact Gina Rogari if you are interested in learning more about our sessions and for sign-up information.
Introducing the Aspen Global Innovators Group
The Alliance for Artisan Enterprise is a proud initiative of the Aspen Global Innovators Group at the Aspen Institute, formerly Aspen Global Health and Development. The Alliance is one of three key programs at the Aspen Institute tackling overlooked challenges in global health of development that falls under the Aspen Global Innovators Group umbrella. These initiatives are linked by one common aspiration: We want to widen the access to health and prosperity for people living at the world’s margins. Read more about our new brand, new logo, and our portfolio of programs on the Aspen Institute blog!
- Tickets are now available for the 2017 International Folk Art Market in Santa Fe, New Mexico - the 14th annual market. See you there!
- Join the Center for Traditional Textiles of Cusco, Andean Textile Arts, and weaving organizations from around the world at the 2017 TINKUY conference; register online today
- Find Caitlin Ahern of Thread Caravan in Clementine Daily, discussing the intersection of artisan business, tourism, education, and cross-cultural connection
- Camper has collaborated with the Ethical Fashion Initiative to craft hand-dyed shoes in Ethiopia - learn more about the project on Fashion Revolution
- Artisan & Fox co-founder Laura urges consumers to "pull the brake on fast fashion" in the Huffington Post
- Why should consumers support the artisan industry? Hear from Kicking Asana, featuring GlobeIn
- Indego Africa baskets and pillows are now available at The Dreslyn - shop today!
- Learn more about Sierra Leone-based artisan business Pangea from VSL Spotlight
- After growing a global fashion brand, Donna Karan founded Haiti-based Urban Zen; learn more about her latest efforts on Business of Fashion
- Kate Spade employs more than 150 artisans in Masoro, Rwanda in the brand's On Purpose initiative; download and read a study of the brand's initial impact from Georgetown's Women's Leadership Institute
Did we miss something? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with updates from your organization to be featured in next month's letter.
The heart of the Alliance community is our network of artisan businesses, social enterprises, non-profits, and more - over 140 active members! Visit our updated member directories and get in touch with Alliance members working across the globe. Find a full list of members here.
Check out the full Member Portal (password: alliance2012) to access member directories, host an Artisan Innovation Workshop session, apply for the Artisan Loan Program, explore upcoming events, read past newsletters and more!