91 members and counting!
The Alliance for Artisan Enterprise is so grateful for your ongoing commitment to the artisan sector and our work to elevate artisan businesses around the world. Since last year's launch of the #ChooseArtisan Global Campaign for Artisan Enterprise, the Alliance has grown from 57 to 91 full members. We have implemented a reduced fee structure, and are working every day to better serve our members. Let us know what you wish to see, hear, and learn from the Alliance, and be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates!
#ChooseArtisan with AAE:
This year, the Alliance continues to spread the #ChooseArtisan message. We have participated in NYNOW, the SXSW SXGood Hub, the Aspen Forum on Women & Girls, and the Skoll World Forum. Follow the Alliance blog for details about these events, and continue using #ChooseArtisan on social media to elevate the importance of the artisan sector worldwide!
The momentum does not stop here; stay tuned for news about this year'sannual Artisan Enterprise Forum hosted by the Alliance for Artisan Enterprise and other exciting events! Start by thinking: What does "handmade" mean to you?
Introduce yourself to the Alliance community! Learn more about our newest members below, and find all member and partner profiles on the Alliance website:
- Helping Hand Partners | Partnering with social enterprises and fair trade organizations to offer high-quality, unique products
- Indego Africa | Economic empowerment, education, and handcrafted products by talented Rwandan artisans
- Luis Mendez Artesanos | Traditional Spanish filigree jewelry
- Manos del Uruguay | Handspun yarn and handknit products from rural Uruguay
- Mercado Global | Homeware, accessories, and technical assistance in collaboration with Mayan artisans
- Mimeyco | Handcrafted straw bags using traditional palmito weaving techniques
- Olivia Knox, Inc. | Builidng a sustainable supply chain around Ankole cow horn in Uganda
- polly & other stories | Online marketplace showcasing creative businesses and talented artisans across South Asia
- Sidai Designs | Unique beaded jewlery using traditional techniques by Maasai women in Tanzania
- The Citizenry | Handcrafted rugs, furniture, and other homeware in partnership with artisan businesses around the world
- Thread Caravan | Art workshops around the world to preserve cultural art forms and connect people from different backgrounds
- TO THE MARKET | Bringing artisan craft from the world's most vulnerable women to the global marketplace
- Vista 360° | Fostering cooperation among mountain people around the world to preserve traditions and strengthen communities
Innovative Financing with Kiva & more:
In partnership with Kiva, the Alliance is proud to offer 0% loans up to $20,000 tailored to small and growing artisan businesses! Artisan businesses are often overlooked by traditional lenders; the Alliance has made a commitment to the Clinton Global Initiative to tackle financing barriers for these enterprises around the world, encouraging sustainable growth and economic viability.
Join us in congratulating Rangina of Kandahar Treasure and Sonali of Mela Artisans on their fully funded Kiva loans! Is your organization interested in receiving funding through the Alliance-Kiva program? Learn more and apply on our website.
Thank you for your constant support!
We sincerely appreciate your support in our mission to promote the full potential of artisan enterprise around the world. Are you looking to become more involved with the Alliance community?